Did you know...
- Regardless of their income, 70% of US citizens are living "paycheck to paycheck" (Wall Street Journal)
- 27% of Americans have saved less than $1000 for retirement! (Chicago Tribune)
- 40% of Americans are counting on the lottery, sweepstakes, getting married, or an inheritance to fund
their retirement (Money Magazine)
- The top reason students give for dropping out of college is financial constraints (Public Agenda)
- The Social Security Trust fund is projected to be exhausted by 2033.
Then, SSA taxes will be sufficient to cover only about 77% of scheduled benefits (Social Sec Admin 2012)
Many people in this country lack even a basic understanding of how money works. Whether we like it or not, money, or the lack of it, influences virtually every part of our lives. If you don’t know how to rule money, it will sadly rule you.
"Financial illiteracy is not an issue unique to any
one population. It affects everyone: men and women,
young and old, across all racial and socioeconomic lines.
No longer can we stand by and ignore this problem.
The economic future of the United States depends on it"
- President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy -
Financial Literacy Institute provides FREE Workplace Financial Literacy Programs,
Hands-On Workshops, and Educational Lunch & Learns.
Call or email today to find out more on how to schedule your FREE EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Toll Free: (877) 523-1538
All resources, presentations, and materials for the events are provided at no cost to the attendees and organizers. We serve and educate a variety of demographics and different groups; such as churches, business owners, educators, law enforcement organizations, government agencies, and many more.
Financial Literacy Institute is affiliated with NFEC (National Financial Educators Council), and the
LiSA Initiative (Financial Literacy Outreach & Empowerment programs for women).